Sako A7

filledandfree

My daughter (24yrs old) came for a visit yesterday. She opened a gun case and it had a Sako A7 longrange roughneck pro in 7mm mag, topped with a VX-3 4.5-14 leupold....Needless to say, I was shocked. I asked if she would give it to me, she said "No", I asked her to sell it to me, she said "No"....what she did say, was "Dad, I am going to leave this here and you can use it anytime you want"....I love my daughter. Soooo....I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with the A7 Long Range and if you could tell me your likes/dislikes....Thanks.

I had one of the original A7 stainless fluted variation. It shot ok. About an inch or a hair less at 100. Beautiful rifle, just never fell in love. Anything Sako puts their name in is better than any other factory rifle....IMO

Hello Filledandfree,

I have a Sako A7 270 synthetic that I use here in MS. I have only killed deer and hog out to 300 yards, it is alway very smooth and they will never have to return a Sako for not owning that 5 shot guarantee. Sweet Gun

I have a stainless A7 in 270 wsm with a vx3 3.5-10x40..Boone and Crockett reticle set up to 600 yards and is a very accurate and consistant rifle.

I shoot a 130gr ttsx @ 3250 fps...

I haven't shot the roughtech pro but I know she'd be a very heavy rifle to lug around the bush! I'm sure like any sako it'd tack hole with some work.

My brother had a 30-06 and a 300wm in A7 both beautiful guns. I heart shot a fallow buck at 600 yards with the 300wm

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts