Sako A7 Coyote 25/06

guru

Does anyone have any experience with one? I have an A7 in 30/06 and a couple Tikka CTRs and they all shoot great so I figure the 25/06 should shoot good too. I'm thinking of picking one up to replace my Sendero 25/06 , I'm looking for a lighter weight rig.

I have been hunting deer with a 25-06 since 1979. Killed about 40 deer with one. Just seem to kill deer even better than they should. For the last 25 years or so I've hunted mostly with the 100 gr Nosler ballistic tip running about 3300 FPS. When I hit them just above center and get both lungs, it's like you hit them in the head with the blunt end of an axe. Really light recoil. Flat and deadly at least to 600 yds. I've killed 3 elk with it, 2 with the 100 gr and one with a 120 Speer Hollow Point. Lately I hunt Elk with a 300 WSM. One thing is that I have had to trim a lot because of the shallow shoulder angle. I just bought a Cooper in the 25-06 Ackley Improved. I'm hoping not to have to trim as much and that I'll get better case life. I've gone to the 115 Berger. I harvested 2 Utah Mule Deer does with it a couple of weeks ago and both went straight down. It's a sweet rifle. Weighs about seven and a half pounds with the scope. I also have a Browning 1885 Wyoming Centennial 25-06 with a 30" barrel, and a TC Encore in the 25-06 as well. I don't get to shoot them all. I'm really in love with the Cooper. I will never be without a 25-06. Good luck in your choice!

I have a sako a7 range, it's a nice rifle. I adjusted the trigger to a crisp 1,3/4 lb pull, bedded the stock. It shoots very well. Ring mounts leave a little to be desired. I ended up getting a custom made 20moa base for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.