Sako 75 300 wsm accuracy woes....

TimeOnTarget

Need some insight from the pro's on this one.

I've got a 75 that I cannot get to shoot moa for the life of me. It's been back to beretta once and they said all is good.

Now I know a rifle without a recoil lug isn't a good thing but my rifle has huge amounts of freebore. If I set COL as long as the mag allows I'm still .5 off the lands.

I've tried about every bullet from 130grn to 180grn pushed with every powder under the sun and can only get about 1.5moa from this rifle @ best.

I'm about to throw in the towel on this rifle.

Any one have some insight for a semi novice reloader before I kick this one to the curb?

Thanks guys.

I have hear of a sako 85 before that couldn't get better then 1.25 moa but was uaually closer if not bigger then 1.5 moa and it stayed this way out too 200 yards. The second he brought it out too 300, 400, 500, 600 yards it dropped below moa and stayed under moa or 3/4 moa way out too 600 yards. I dont know why this is, but the groups just didn't open up very much. 3" at 200 yards isn't what people are looking for, but still work as a hunting rifle. if the rifle will hold under moa out too 600 yards, it will definitely do. If this is rifle is going to be used for targets something, then i dont know what to tell yah,

get a savage or remington :p!!

Also forgot to mention these rifles come with a 1-11 twist rate. Seems really slow from what berger recommends....

Help!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.