Russian Rainbows

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by shimoda, Jul 30, 2008.

1. shimoda

shimoda Well-Known Member

I'm leaving for the Kamchatka penninsula this weekend on a two week exploratory trout/ salmon trip. Two unfished, unfloated drainages. Helicopter in.
    Second trip there for me. Huge trout on large mouse patterns, brown bears daily, zero people [besides us].
    I'll miss my daily reading on LRH. Will post pictures when I return.

Sam

2. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

In case you think nobody cared. I care. Post some pictures, when you get back.

I am sure the fresh fish must taste really great. Probably much better than the chicken patty sandwich and tater tots I had tonight.

Don't feed the bears!

Thanks

3. splattermatic

splattermatic Well-Known Member

yes, pics !!! lots...
    can i go next time too ??

4. MontanaRifleman

MontanaRifleman Well-Known Member

Ever flown on a Russian Helicopter??? Make sure you're life insurance is paid up :D

And envious adventure, have a great time :)

5. Just Learnin

Just Learnin Well-Known Member

Hey MontanaRifleman, you mean like this one?:D

[​IMG]

I went over in 2004 for a bear hunt. Note the "mechanics" on top of the helicopter. They also flew the bird. We stood around while they worked on it for about 1 1/2 hours; when we went to board they said "Niet, niet". Drove us to a field about a mile away; they wanted to take the bird up first to make sure it flew! Sure built up our confidence...:rolleyes:

Shimoda, can't wait to hear your story. Please post some pix. -- Don

6. Guy M

Guy M Well-Known Member

Shimoda ever make it back? Or did the Russkie helicopter get him???

7. shimoda

shimoda Well-Known Member

I made it back and have been crazy catching up with work and preparing for some hunting. I haven't even downloaded pictures from the camera yet.
    I cought hundreds of trout, char and salmon, survived many flights on the MI8 helos, and got up close and personal with dozens of bears.
    This was the second trip to Kamchatka for me and I'm afraid its gotten so far under my skin that I'll have to return again.
    I'm getting ready to leave on a Wyoming goat trip, so I'll have to post pictures later.
    This is my first season with longer range capability so I'm really excited to stretch out my new rifle on something other than paper.
    Pronghorn next week and elk/ deer third season Colorado.
    Life is good

8. Guy M

Guy M Well-Known Member

Outstanding! Was afraid maybe a Russian Bear ate you for lunch or something!!!

Enjoy your hunt - am looking forward to the photos!

Regards, Guy

9. Just Learnin

Just Learnin Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you made it back, and with more memories. Will look forward to your photos and more details when you have time. Enjoy your hunting. -- Don

10. joseph

joseph Well-Known Member