Rule of Thumb for Shooting Down Hill

Agreed, understanding the physics behind the calculations is immensely helpful. Many early posts gave great explanations and the Video posted in post #98 from the NSSF by Ryan Cleckner pretty well covered it in the first six minutes. After the video post there were some inaccurate statements and verbose/not useful posts. You added wind to the mix and that is the wild card. During my shooting practice wind as light as 3 mph was pushing my bullet 5 inches off at 540 yards. Add in terrain features that can swirl the wind or generate up drafts then you get conditions hard to account for generating unexpected outcomes.
Not sure if you thought my statements were inaccurate, but I stand by what I said repeatedly. I think everyone agrees Bryan Litz is the most recognized source when it comes to ballistic software - it is easy to see the errors produced by the rifleman's rule using his software if you use steep angles and long ranges.

I just listened to Aaron Davidson's webcast on the BR4; I had to chuckle when he said "We are not proponents at all of using the rifleman's rule for angle compensation." Gee, I wonder why...