ruger

walk about

hi guys, just found a ruger M77VT .223 at a good price anyone hae the pros & cons on this rifle for a long distance small/med game hunter???:rolleyes:

I consider the M77VT haevy for a walking varminter.
I also have said many times that the M77VT is the best for the money varmint rifle as they used to be easily found for $400-425. Maybe I told too many people!
I have several including in both PPC calibers and have bought and sold a fair share and all of them shot well, very well for a gun straight from the factory.

thanks mate thats just wat i wanted to here, as i love the look, & had planed on using it to shoot baited dogs from a hide or from the truck so the weight is not an issue. now i have herd its a str8 shooter its a must.
could u recomend a good glass to match up with it that wont break the bank, somthing simple goog for 5-600yds?

I am a deal shopper.. I am always on the lookout for a bargain on good glass.
My M77VT rifles have a strange assortment og glass found at a bargain.
I have a Nikon Titanium, Burris Mr T, Leupold 6.5-20, and a Leupold 12X.
If I was buying new and considering the way I hunt woodchucks I would probably get the 12X.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.