Roy, I have some bc's.........

Re: Roy, I have some bc\'s.........

[ QUOTE ]
Richard is very creative.

[/ QUOTE ]
UNDERSTATEMENT ALERT!!!
Ya know, it may only seem like copper and lead but Richard has discussed some interesting solutions to problems that would be IMPOSSIBLE to get made at any factory sized bullet shop.

If you dont see what you are looking for on the list then ask if it can be done. It might cost a little bit for what you are getting (true custom bullets) but it is a deal at twice the price if you need something special and the big guys won't help you out.

4ked Horn,

I agree, If I listed all the crazy ideas Richard and I talked about concerning only bullets, the post would be so long no one would want to read it. For a custom rifle builder designing long range big game wildcats, working with Richard is like a little kid in a candy store.

Nothing is really out of reach and the possibilities are endless, but the more exotic you go, the higher the price goes and justifiably so, thats the way it should be.

Only problem is that most often, when I talk with Richard, it seems our check books get a little lighter each time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!

Kirby Allen(50)

I tested the 338 225 grain Nosler Accubonds today and came up with a bc of .565 for them just in case you were curious. Got them up to 3300 fps today with no problem which means that at 7000 feet or above, they will have over 1 ton of energy at 1000 yards. Not bad. Shoot put the hurt on any elk I might run into!

That's all great info, GG. Thanks so much for giving us the data!

Only one suggestion--if the muzzle velocities are taken at 10 feet and the second chrony is at exactly 100 yds, the BC's should be calculated for velocity drop over only 290 ft instead of 300. It knocks them down by around .020.

But again--good work!

Jon A
I helped GG with all the tests on BC and I assure you that the two chronograghs were exactly 100 yards apart not 290.
The first one at ten ft. the second at 100yds from the first.---7mmRHB

Yep, been testing at 310 feet to the center of the second chrono to the muzzle and 10 feet from first half of 1st chrono to the muzzle for a little over 5 years now and have used three different chronos in this way. This current extra chrono seems to be one of the most consistent Chrony's I've used for this.
BTW, tested some 6mm 70 grain Sierra Blitzkings today at .308 and some 6mm 95 grain Berger VLD's at .510.

300gr

hi all just wondering if anyone did the test with 300gr Sierra's and the 300gr wildcat uld rbbt. as they are both match type projectiles it would be interesting. I have 7 of the 310gr alloy tipped projectiles and will see next week if they stabalize in a 10 twist Lawton barrel my 7000 action is finaly in customs barrel is deep chambered and crowned already and threaded for the break so I only have to index the break and thread the tennon.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Old, old, old thread but I was wondering if you could test some 95 grain SMK bullets. They look very similar to Berger 95s, but the BC is listed much lower.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.