Rocky Mount Bi-pod

Broz

Has anyone owned both a Harris and a Rocky Mount? I have two Harris bi-pods but could use another. Wallyworld has the RockyMounts for $39 and just looking through the package they look like Harris knock-offs. I am just wondering if the quality is poor or if they are worth a try.

Jeff

I have looked at them too for a cheap alternative to my Harris.

It seems like they aren't a whole lot cheaper than the equivalent Harris model - and you can't get leg notches.

Plus they are made offshore somewhere.

For me it looks like a pass.

If they made a leg-notch model that swiveled, I might look harder.

I've got two of them, and won't own another!!

I suppose if you don't use it alot they are passable, barely, solid enough for shooting off of in good conditions.

On the down side, when you are forever folding and unfolding the legs for repeated setups, sooner or later you will loose one of the nuts or bolt and nut that holds the legs to the base. Just cant seem to keep the darn things tight. I guess you could Locktite them.

They also don't seem to be quite as solid as the Harris when the setup is less than ideal, seems to be a little more flex everywhere.

Chris

+1 Winmagman

I have one and it is a wast of money. The legs started getting lose and have to tighten the legs ever time out. The springs that attache to the leggs falls off.

Its a 6-9 model.

Save your money and get a Harris. To say I was disapointed would be an understatment.

Willys46

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.