RL15.5 load data for 6mm xc

LBEdgin

Has anyone used the RL15.5 in the 6mm xc? I have looked on the web and can't find anything at all for a starting point. It appears to me it would work for lighter end bullets in the xc. I would very much like to hear about your hits & misses with this powder in the xc.
Thanks

I've used it while loading 100 grain Badlands Super BD-2 and 95 grain Nosler BT. Works great in a 22" barrel.

:)

Your thread isn't getting much input, so I'll suggest what I would do if I were you (and you don't run GRT or QL).

I would contact Tubb directly and see what they say. His daughter and SIL are helping him these days and are very helpful. If they have run TS15.5 they will share it with you.

I would also contact Alliant Tech Support and see what they say as well. Heck, for what we are being charged for their stuff these days they should expect to answer a few questions now and then.

In my opinion it isn't difficult to learn to run QL or GRT to the point where you can estimate performance of wildcats or cartridges they don't even list. TS15.5 is slightly slower than RE-15 so it isn't a giant leap to estimate the change.

Has anyone used the RL15.5 in the 6mm xc? I have looked on the web and can't find anything at all for a starting point. It appears to me it would work for lighter end bullets in the xc. I would very much like to hear about your hits & misses with this powder in the xc.
Thanks
I tested it with Sierra 85 gr HPBT for varmint shooting.
tested 37.2 gr to 39.2 gr in .5 gr increments.
Groups were, .812, .347, .313, .082, .551 and ES ranged from 2.05-28.3.
Try it, you'll like it I think

First round at 37.3gr of Rl15.5 turn in .488" so was well pleased. With no signs of pressure i will move up the ladder some. Thanks for sharing, i meant to ask what coal were you running? I couldn't get past 2.705" max.

First round at 37.3gr of Rl15.5 turn in .488" so was well pleased. With no signs of pressure i will move up the ladder some. Thanks for sharing, i meant to ask what coal were you running? I couldn't get past 2.705" max.
I was running 2.519" OAL with the 85 Sierra HPBT. Sounds like you are doing well. It can do better

Recent Posts