Ring recommendation for 50 mm objective mounted to a rail

You have received some excellent advice, but it is not a cut and dry situation as mentioned.

I have a a 50mm Swarovski mounted in low Vortex on an Anti with a Seekins 20 MOA Picatinny that clears fine. Then I have a Browning X-Bolt with a 50mm Tract mounted in medium Seekins on a Murphy Precision 20 MOA Picatinny that clears fine, but would not clear in either Seekins or Vortex lows.

You are going to need to stack coins to figure out exactly what you are going to need to clear the objective and also give you the sight picture you want with proper cheek weld.
Do what Darryle said, stack quarters on top of rail to get the clearance you want, measure the height and order the rings of choice.

I have a new rifle, it's a Ruger American in 6.5 Creedmore
View attachment 463178
I've never mounted a scope to a rail before, and am confused by all my choices.
This rifle will be used for plinking and California pig hunting on private property ranch.
if this rifle is a shooter, I could see trying to reach out past 500 on the steel targets.
I'm looking at putting a Leupold Mark 3HD 6-18 scope or something similar.
Thanks

Listen to this so you don't mount it too low. Just because the bell doesn't touch static doesn't mean it won't during firing.

As mentioned, rails & rings are not created equally.

I use EGW one piece rails. But they are kinda tall. One nice thing about the tall rail is I can use low rings.
Check out EGWs Keystone line of rings!!
These things are SOLID! Especially for their price point.
I'm not the op, but I have the egw 20moa rail, wondering if I can pull off the keystone low rings with a 50mm objective.

I've recently switched (mostly) over to the Spuhr hunter series mounts. I think they call them the aesthetic mounts. Super lightweight, but still feels like a spuhr. I think the only lighter unimount is that aero thing, but I can't make myself put a scope in that.

No issues thus far. Tried lapping one and was removing material pretty uniformly around the ring, so I decided the lap was unnecessary. Can't say that for many other rings.

If you aren't a unimount guy, go with spuhr hunter rings or hawkins bubble level rings.