rifle set up

krake22002

My girlfriend got me a Cooper Phoenix for xmas with a 1-8 twist barrel for the 140 vlds. Im going to get a huskemaw blue diamond 5-20. My question is i would like to send my rifle in somewhere to get it mounted load development and the gun shot out a ways so they can accurately get the drop data for my scope pretty much have it pretty much ready to shoot out of the n box . Does anyone know a good place to send my rifle for this kinda service.I have looked at red rock,best of the west already. Thank you

My girlfriend got me a Cooper Phoenix for xmas with a 1-8 twist barrel for the 140 vlds. Im going to get a huskemaw blue diamond 5-20. My question is i would like to send my rifle in somewhere to get it mounted load development and the gun shot out a ways so they can accurately get the drop data for my scope pretty much have it pretty much ready to shoot out of the n box . Does anyone know a good place to send my rifle for this kinda service.I have looked at red rock,best of the west already. Thank you

I'd suggest you hire a skilled hunter in your area to set up your rifle. That way it will be set up for for the local conditions. It might be wise to hire him to do the hunting too.

My wife surprised me a Cooper from BOTW a couple of years ago for my 60th birthday. Always did my own work and was skeptical of a turnkey rig. I would recommend BOTW. They are highly experienced with the Coopers and Huskemaw scopes, do outstanding work, and have the capability to build turrets for the Huskemaw scope. They will work with you to understand your requirements and conditions for the areas you will be hunting or shooting and you will get what you are looking for.

PS. Ignore the rudeness, and bull---t response of the previous poster. Fortunately, most all the shooters on this site give constructive advice and opinions. Welcome to the sport of long range hunting!

Thank you grey fox I been talking to botw and red rock . Looking into both right now. And thank you I was wondering if it was just me who Thot that post before you was out of line. Just because I don't have time to do the load development right now. And for only a little more money It seems to be a good deal.

I suppose my post could seem out of line. That wasn't my intent. If you get your rifle set up by someone who is knowledgeable and local you can learn the techniques for yourself at the same time. Shipping the rifle somewhere won't accomplish that. Conditions change frequently and are dependent on location.

It's also good to learn to hunt by going in the field with a skilled hunter. Just watching and asking questions can be more useful initially than hunting yourself. I don't know your skill level. It just seemed odd to me that an experienced shooter wouldn't prefer to set up a rifle themself. I apologize if I caused offense.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.