Rifle build question.

Here are a few pics of a few profiles since you asked Dallas for some.

Far left is a Benchmark 26" non-fluted #5 with game scout stock.
Next is a Bartlein #3b 26" fluted with BDL stock
Benchmark 24" #5 fluted (I think heavy fluted) with AGC adj hunter
Benchmark 24" #4 non-fluted with BDL stock

In the second pic, it is the same rifles in the same order, a closer pic of the 3 rifles on the right in the first pic.

IMG_2741.jpeg
IMG_2742.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is a 22" #3B Bartlein 338 barrel basically .030" bigger at muzzle than a #3 @27"
If you take a Bart #3 full length 27" blank then spiral flute it for a 20-22" finish like the one below, then you cut that last 5 to 7 inches off of the original blank you have a stiffer barrel do to the now larger profile left behind instead of ordering a #3 and having them profile it for a 22" .670" muzzle finish .. if that makes sense.
338 edge.jpg

Here is a 22" #3B Bartlein 338 barrel basically .030" bigger at muzzle than a #3 @27"
If you take a Bart #3 full length 27" blank then spiral flute it for a 20-22" finish like the one below, then you cut that last 5 to 7 inches off of the original blank you have a stiffer barrel do to the now larger profile left behind instead of ordering a #3 and having them profile it for a 22" .670" muzzle finish .. if that makes sense.
View attachment 522459
Thanks, that 3b looks like a decent sized barrel. I think that tells me I want a #3 at 20".