Richard Graves Wildcat Bullets

joe boyd

Kirby, or anyone who has used them, will someone hazard a guess on the b.c. of Richard's .308 cal. 169.5 gr. RBBT HP ULD, assuming a muzzle velocity of 2950?

thanks
Joe

With some limited testing, only out to 500 yds, I found a bc of .550 to be very close. I think you may find it to be a bit higher that this, though.

Just shoot some longer ranges and plug different bcs into a ballistics program until it matches your drop.

Joe,

I would agree on the mid to high .5 range. I have not tested this bullet alot. **** near every other 169.5 gr ULD Richard makes but not this one much. Using Bills data should get you very close so that you can tweak the final drop charts to get the perfect match.

Kirby Allen(50)

What kind of animals can be hunted with this bullet? Moose, elk, deer, pig?

Im just worried it wont go through the bone of a moose (not long range, but 1-200 yards).. but deer further away.

Anybody tried these on animals? It will be used in a 308, with 24" barrel.

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of animals can be hunted with this bullet? Moose, elk, deer, pig?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd venture to say that you can take on any animal with these bullets that you would with any other bullet of similar weight and configuration. Results are pouring in on the 169.5gr bullet in other caliburs and they are doing great though they are being shot from a bit more robust cartridge.

I asked a similar question re: the 252gr 338 bullet. Kirby's response was some thing like; Hmmmm well,,,,,anything you want to.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.