Rewilding

curtis

If any of you have looked at the news lately, you might have noticed some talk about "rewilding" in N. America. What an idea! Let's let wild elephants, lions, etc. loose to try and live on their own in the U.S.

[ QUOTE ]
The second, more controversial phase of Pleistocene rewilding would involve releasing small numbers of African elephants, cheetahs, and lions out of captivity onto private properties in the southwest. The challenge would be to give these animals large areas of habitat—and, in the case of carnivores, live prey.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the above quote from: [ QUOTE ]
http://slate.msn.com/id/2124714/

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see it now... Long range lion hunting in N.M.! Do you think my 25-06 would work or should I go with a 300 Mag? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif This really doesn't have anything to do with hunting, but can you imagine cheetahs and lions roaming the Southwest? The antelope, deer and elk would definately be affected.

Wow! The 375 H&H and 416 weatherby might be put to a better use other then nutrias, chucks and Yotes!! O yeah...just imagaine...long range elephant hunting!

Re: Rewilding my Butt!

Ye Haa for rewilding: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Idaho Fish & Game report at a meeting the other evening in Idaho Falls:

Since wolf "rewilding" the least affected Yellowstone elk herd is the northern herd and its down 50% /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

The statistics didn't even include the Bitter Root/Selway areas, Probably to much trouble to get off their butts and do the work. Travel is a little tough up there.

No mention of the "civilian" sitings on the Arco desert this winter or those seen up around the Menan Butte or east of Blackfoot.

What a bill of goods /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'm about to organize a feral dog hunt and see what those uniformed fellas think about that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bottom line appears to be that the wolves are spread to where ever the wolves are going to spread however and whenever they want to.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.