Retumbo where is it at

I'm aware, I looked at it already. However I'm wondering why it's nowhere to be found locally, or on popular websites. It seems like hogdon isnt shipping more or at least hasn't for some time.

They will make another run about mid summer and it will show up everywhere. You have to plan for seasonally swings. Buy enough in fall/winter when there is plenty to get you thru to mid summers run.

It's been unavailable in northern Utah for at least 6 months. I've been trying alternatives (IMR8133, IMR7977, Ramshot magnum) but havent found anything that gets anywhere near the velocity of Retumbo in my 300 win mag with a 200g SMK.
try rl22 and rl25... they will make your 300win sing... I rarely use retumbo for anything. I have a 7rum load and that's about it. I might just ditch the load and go to rl25 if availability is poor on retumbo.

So this is getting a bit ridiculous. Here it is mid-July and I can't find Retumbo anyplace.
What is Hogdgon doing?

I'm burning up my Retumbo to fire form so I don't have to use my H1000.
**** there are lots of other things you could use to do that, which are readily available.

As far as Retumbo, check that website listed previously. I still haven't been able to find out why it's not available at most of the usual places.

I ran out of retumbo last week (3 weeks before my first long range shoot), checked all the stores around here and nowhere had it. Out of h1000 too, so I have been playing around with Ramshot Magnum in my 300RUM behind 230 bergers. I was able to find a load that shoots about 3/4" at 100yards. I will be checking velocities this evening. Ill be lucky if I can get to 2700fps.

The guy at the sporting goods store heard a rumor the government was using retumbo for a project, so that could be where its going.

I ran out of retumbo last week (3 weeks before my first long range shoot), checked all the stores around here and nowhere had it. Out of h1000 too, so I have been playing around with Ramshot Magnum in my 300RUM behind 230 bergers. I was able to find a load that shoots about 3/4" at 100yards. I will be checking velocities this evening. Ill be lucky if I can get to 2700fps.

The guy at the sporting goods store heard a rumor the government was using retumbo for a project, so that could be where its going.

Where do you live? I have a couple pounds I could give ya for your hunt prep

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts