Retumbo where is it at

Finally talked to hodgdon. They said they don't know if theyll ever catch up this year. They have supply of H1000 going out at the end of the month.

Think I'm going to order some imr 7977 and compare to retumbo loads. I know 7977 is supposed to be compared to h1000 but comparing their load data on 7977 to my load data on retumbo it looks like a real close match.

Mid south flyer said they had it but an email back from them the next day said they didn't know when they would get it. Some of the major suppliers responded back that they haven't had an order filled by hodgdon since October 2018 for retumbo.

Hodgdon said it goes out from them first come first serve, so the oldest orders will be offered it first when it's available.

You probably want to go with IMR 8133 it's very close to retumbo (it's also as hard to find as Retunbo though). 7977 burns quite a bit faster than 8133.

Scored this little gem in Cleveland over the weekend for $176! Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it sitting on the shelf. My 300 RUM will be happy!

Now if I could only turn up some RL-26 for my 6.5 Sherman...

DAABC586-B390-4762-8384-24605FB894AB.jpeg

Finally talked to hodgdon. They said they don't know if theyll ever catch up this year. They have supply of H1000 going out at the end of the month.

Think I'm going to order some imr 7977 and compare to retumbo loads. I know 7977 is supposed to be compared to h1000 but comparing their load data on 7977 to my load data on retumbo it looks like a real close match.

Mid south flyer said they had it but an email back from them the next day said they didn't know when they would get it. Some of the major suppliers responded back that they haven't had an order filled by hodgdon since October 2018 for retumbo.

Hodgdon said it goes out from them first come first serve, so the oldest orders will be offered it first when it's available.

I don't know what Hogdgon's issue is. They recently started making H50BMG again and I am glad I got 16 lbs of it from Natchez. Now its nowhere to be found, like Retumbo. I think we are going to have Retumbo issues for a while. That next batch, whenever it hits the stores is going to be bought up quickly by folks who don't want to go through what we are going through now again. Then we are going to have to wait on the next batch.

Are all of Hogdgon's powders really made overseas? If that is true why don't they start production domestically? Employ American workers instead of putting money in the pockets of foreigners?

I use Retumbo to .338-378 & all my Cheytac based cartridges. For the .338-378 there are recipes with Aliant Powders but the only powder that I know of that works well and safely in the Cheytac cartridges is Retumbo and H50 BMG. Anybody have any non retumbo Cheytac loads they are willing to share?

I don't know what Hogdgon's issue is. They recently started making H50BMG again and I am glad I got 16 lbs of it from Natchez. Now its nowhere to be found, like Retumbo. I think we are going to have Retumbo issues for a while. That next batch, whenever it hits the stores is going to be bought up quickly by folks who don't want to go through what we are going through now again. Then we are going to have to wait on the next batch.

Are all of Hogdgon's powders really made overseas? If that is true why don't they start production domestically? Employ American workers instead of putting money in the pockets of foreigners?

I use Retumbo to .338-378 & all my Cheytac based cartridges. For the .338-378 there are recipes with Aliant Powders but the only powder that I know of that works well and safely in the Cheytac cartridges is Retumbo and H50 BMG. Anybody have any non retumbo Cheytac loads they are willing to share?
You might try imr enduron 7977 and 8133. 7977 was supposed to be comparable to h1000 and 8133 retumbo. Both are not temp sensitive.
I have found in my smaller calibers 7977 was actually closer to retumbo by weight and 8133 was a little slower than retumbo by weight.

I am told that Retumbo is made in Australia. I really hope that fire did not destroy the factory.

I Hogdgon a few weeks ago and they said that they should be shipping it in late January. Its late January and I have not seen any Retumbo anyplace. How about you guys?

The only Retumbo I have seen is the jug I have. For those who feel they need Retumbo may I suggetst Rel 33 which is readily available. Makes my 264 mag with 140 gr/120gr bullets perform beautifully. Available at Powder Valley in 8 lb jugs. Try it in place of Retumbo. I believe you will be pleased. If 8lbs is to much for you find a friend or two to share a jug.

The only Retumbo I have seen is the jug I have. For those who feel they need Retumbo may I suggetst Rel 33 which is readily available. Makes my 264 mag with 140 gr/120gr bullets perform beautifully. Available at Powder Valley in 8 lb jugs. Try it in place of Retumbo. I believe you will be pleased. If 8lbs is to much for you find a friend or two to share a jug.
I would like to use it but I can't find any .408 recipes with any Reloader powders.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts