• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED REPOST: BROWNING B78

8x68s

BROWNING B78, 7MM REM MAG, 26", 1:10 TWIST, HEAVY ROUND BARREL, .710" DIAMETER AT THE MUZZLE. SERIAL NUMBER INDICATES 1977 MANUFACTURE DATE. ALL ORIGINAL EXCEPT FLUSH CUPS AND DECELERATOR RECOIL PAD. BLUING IN EXCELLENT CONDITION WITH LIGHT CASE WEAR AT THE MUZZLE. NICELY FIGURED WOOD WITH ORIGINAL HI GLOSS POLY FINISH. THE FORE STOCK IS THE ORIGINAL SCHNABEL SHAPE. SOME USAGE AND HANDLING DENTS, ONE THRU-FINISH HASH FROM BUTT STOCK INSTALL (PHOTO). REAR FLUSH CUP BOO-BOO (PHOTO). EDIT: I found the original bases while poking around in the closet, LOL... and I'll include the 1" low rings I found with them. PURCHASED USED, TOTAL ROUND COUNT UNKNOWN, UNFIRED BY ME. LOOKING TO SELL FOR $1300 TO YOUR DOOR, CONTINENTAL U.S. $1100, FACE TO FACE DISCOUNT IN WESTERN OREGON.
PC130011.JPGPC130001.JPGPC130003.JPGPC130007.JPGPC130008.JPGPC130009.JPGPC130010.JPGPC130015.JPGPC130016.JPGPC130017.JPG

Chathams Guns in Tennessee Colony TX bought all of the B-78 parts when Browning ceased supporting this gun. He sells (or did) sell matching wood in the raw for this rifle if you want that "boo-boo" fixed. I had mine converted over to left handed stock and rechambered in 7STW after one of my dad's hunting buddies dropped the original gun in 7mag from a deer stand and broke the stock - my dad gave it to me. Gary is also the go to place for parts if you need them - they are very hard to find outside of Gary's operation.

Chathams Guns in Tennessee Colony TX bought all of the B-78 parts when Browning ceased supporting this gun. He sells (or did) sell matching wood in the raw for this rifle if you want that "boo-boo" fixed. I had mine converted over to left handed stock and rechambered in 7STW after one of my dad's hunting buddies dropped the original gun in 7mag from a deer stand and broke the stock - my dad gave it to me. Gary is also the go to place for parts if you need them - they are very hard to find outside of Gary's operation.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll check them out. Over the years I have built up a backstock of all kinds of parts just to cover for wear and tear, etc. It's nice to know a business has taken the initiative to keep these rifles alive. If I can't sell the 7mmMag, that will be my next project gun and I'll rechamber to 7STW. Then I can sell my Winchester 70 in 7STW... Only need one, right? :rolleyes:😆

Last edited: