Report: World Predator Expo

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
A couple weeks ago I traveled to KC to attend the first ever World Predator Expo. There I got to watch our own Greg Ballard (on right next to Randy Reeves) compete in the Distress Call division of the World Predator Calling Competition.

greg-expo.jpg

There were 28 competitors and it was interesting and amazing to here such expertness in calling. Greg did very well and I learned a lot from him and the others.

The quality and number of seminar speakers was way beyond what I expected. Les Johnson, Byron South, Al Morris, Randy Anderson and many others.

I met some of the guys from PredatorMaster.com, LaRue Tactical and Varmint Hunter Magazine. I watched a custom call being made and heard about a million dying rabbits as I toured the exhibits. Never did actually see one of the bunnies, though!

I'll be back next year, spending more time at the seminars this time. You should go, too!

It was a special time to be long remembered. After testing the water and finding a degree of success, I'm sure the next Expo will be something to behold.
I had a wonderful time, met a lot of nice people and got to see a lot of people I already knew. The food was terrible at the Expo, but downtown it was great. Hooters was a blast with all the boys taking over half of the place. I'm already planning for next year.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.