Replacement Trigger unit for AI

nowler

Hi folks

i am looking to get a replacement trigger unit for my AI AE rifle..... something down to around a pound or less would be nice.

does anyone know what units will fit into this action?

many thanks

derek

Derek,

Get in touch with Graham Clarke at www.sportingservices.co.uk -he is the AI European distributor to the civilian market -he will know the answer!

BTW: I'll be making my annual hind stalking pilgimage up near Inverness (well, nearer Fort Augustus!) later this year. You're a lucky bloke to live in that part of the world!

where abouts in the world are you from Browndog? and is it Sika or Red hinds that you'll be knocking over?

kind regards

derek

Derek,

I'm in the middle of Salisbury Plain. It'll be reds!

Thanks for your recent advice a while back regarding AI rifles; the AW has exceeded my wildest expectations.....now a 0.6 MOA group means I pulled a shot, whereas with my sporters that would have been a group to be pleased with.

I've made a Nosler BT load that matches the Lapua factory ammo for POI at 100m; also seems to be as accurate -had time to fire 6 rounds on a 100m pipe range this afternoon; three rounds of lapua factory gave 0.266MOA (including first round coldbore). 3 rounds of my Nosler reloads gave me 0.23MOA (obviously, none of these was coldbore!).

PS. Any luck with Sporting Services?

[ 06-19-2004: Message edited by: Brown Dog ]

hi browndog

i haven't been in touch with them yet as i am trying to get my ppc to work to the level i want it too at the moment. the AI has taken a bit of a back seat for now.

i'm gonna try and see how light i can adjust the trigger down too using the screws over the weekend before i go in search of a new unit.

i'll let you know how it goes....

Just thought I'd add in a picture. Lapua factory on the right, Nosler BTs on the left, (The target dots are 2cm diameter (subtending 0.72MOA at 100m) the Lapua was fired first and then a 1cm left correction applied before the Noslers):
I love this rifle!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.