Replacement trigger for L/H Rem X Mark Pro

Centre Punch

My buddy has a left hand Rem 700 SPS Varmint in 17 Fireball with what he tells me is a non adjustable X Mark Pro trigger.
The trigger is absolutely dreadfull and he wants to replace it with something considerably lighter, the current trigger is all but useless an a small varmint gun.
I said he could use a rifle basix trigger but would have to use the old style factory safety and bolt release, then reverse the pins.
Have any of you guys carried out such a replacement or any other suitable trigger swap, thanks.

Ian.

I installed a Timney on my XCR II with no problems. I don't remember changing anything around just a simple swap.

If it's the recalled X-mark send it to Remington for replacement with the new adjustable X mark. If it's actually the new adjustable X-mark, adjust it or have it adjusted and call it a day.

My buddy has a left hand Rem 700 SPS Varmint in 17 Fireball with what he tells me is a non adjustable X Mark Pro trigger.
The trigger is absolutely dreadfull and he wants to replace it with something considerably lighter, the current trigger is all but useless an a small varmint gun.
I said he could use a rifle basix trigger but would have to use the old style factory safety and bolt release, then reverse the pins.
Have any of you guys carried out such a replacement or any other suitable trigger swap, thanks.

Ian.
There's no "reversing the pins". He'd need a old left hand safety and a left hand bolt release. Both available, the safety a "used" one and the bolt release can be purchased new. I use a lt of Shilen triggers,, they'll set-up either RH or LH with the use of the proper components

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.