Remote Job for Wife

Hot648

My kids are now to the age they are all in school and my wife is wanted to go back to work part time while they are in school to help make some money with savings, activities, etc. Not financially critical that she has a job, but she would like to contribute to the family. On social media many "influencers" talk about that there are often online/remote jobs at various big companies (Amazon, Dell, Apple, Disney, etc). Has anybody ever done one of these things and it actually panned out?

Are there other places people would suggest that she looks? She wants something flexible where maybe she could work as much or as little as she would like. She only has an AA so not an overly marketable degree.

Online remote jobs are either a rare opportunity that a lot of people look for, that are in a similar situation. I know a few people in the dept of labor.

The reality is, you need a skill. Getting a remote job is still a job. What's worst is your expected to do it with little oversight when trying to convince someone to hire you.

Examples would be like a medical biller. Many work at home, and make around 6 figures. You have to know how to do medically billing, have a computer for it, and meet certain deadlines. The biggest is know how to do medical billing.

Others might have a state job like your states unemployment program, handling claims. Amazon does have some home jobs, but I hear they have a high attrition rate given the job demand. That might just be in the warehouses though. Idk.

Point being, it's hard, for anyone to just jump back into the work force without a specific skill. Chances are she will have to find a job willing to train, and work her way up. Indeed, Facebook groups in your area or state that do job postings for your area, job fairs, and good ol ground work and networking are ways to get started.

My kids are now to the age they are all in school and my wife is wanted to go back to work part time while they are in school to help make some money with savings, activities, etc. Not financially critical that she has a job, but she would like to contribute to the family. On social media many "influencers" talk about that there are often online/remote jobs at various big companies (Amazon, Dell, Apple, Disney, etc). Has anybody ever done one of these things and it actually panned out?

Are there other places people would suggest that she looks? She wants something flexible where maybe she could work as much or as little as she would like. She only has an AA so not an overly marketable degree.
It depends on what her AA is, her specialty, and the skill set she has to offer to an organization. Or the type of job she is seeking and what the demands are in your area. IT support, billing, and medical/data transcription are just some jobs that are done remotely.

There are remote jobs out there that most people can get hired into like data entry, billing rectifying, bill collecting, etc. that only require a decent wi-fi connection and a phone. Heck, a lot of them just run the phone on an app. through the computer.
My wife has worked from home for a couple years...

Like dfanonymous stated you really need experience. jill did medical billing from home years ago. She retired from an office job last month and having a hard time adjusting to being at home now. Even we have a Business in is not that fast paced.
Have you wife sign up with an employment company. "Monster Job" There are a lot of Customer Service jobs working from home, but a lot of these are done from other countries.