remmy 700 7mm mag bolt release sticks open ???

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Freedom2live, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Freedom2live

Freedom2live Banned

I noticed today while doing inventory/cleaning of toys. That my remmy button under trigger stays down and causes the bolt to slide right off when re chambering. .. help please

2. roninflag

roninflag Well-Known Member

sometimes on mine old oil gets under it and is gummy . cleaning should take care for it.

3. Freedom2live

Freedom2live Banned

I have decreasing spray everywhere. I do a function test before putting in stock and it works, but when I do put stock on forget about it... the stock doesn't rub nowhere so what gives

4. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

My 700 .338 WinMag is that way. Like Ronin said, just probably needs a good cleaning. I bought my .338 WM used, recently, and it's been like that since I bought it. I need to clean it, too.

Ronin, any recomendations on cleaning solvents for that? Brake kleen?

5. Freedom2live

Freedom2live Banned

I used brake kleen with nylon brush, no luck

6. Lefty7mmstw

Lefty7mmstw Well-Known Member

I have actually had to help track down a remmy700 bolt in the field from your issue; not fun back-tracking in the badlands looking for fly s#@t in pepper. It's usually a gummed up thing like the others have said, but it could be slightly bent or scratched up undreneath where it moves. If you can't de-grease it and get it free, soak it with kroil for a day or three and work it free by cycling the crap out of it. It should work unless it's really bad, if so then you probably need to get a gunsmith involved.

7. Freedom2live

Freedom2live Banned

I think a new spring is needed

8. lloydsmale

lloydsmale Well-Known Member

I had a rash of that happening to 700s a couple years ago. What caused it with my guns is that foam bore cleaner. It cleans a bore real good but if it gets in your action it leaves a very sticky residue that gums up everything. I just quit using it.

9. Freedom2live

Freedom2live Banned

Thanks for that info