Remington SPS Varmint 243 Win

Discussion in 'Gun Photos' started by Cordell, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Cordell

Cordell Well-Known Member

Here is my Rem 700 SPS Varmint in 243 Win. Bell & Carlson Stock with aluminum bedding block Karston check piece, Vortex PST Viper 6-24x50mm. These are the first few shots through the rifle. The paper target with grid shows shots 2-8 (a 7 shot group) at 100 yards. I shot and cleaned for the first 4 then ran a bore snake every 2 shots after that. 10 more rounds to go for the break in and I will do some testing. These rounds are 43 grs H4831 with Berger 95 gr bullets at 2811 fps. So far I am very happy with the set up; I hope the groups will get smaller as the barrel gets some use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The7mmSTW

The7mmSTW Well-Known Member

Hmmm looks very well built

3. Alberta Cowboy

Alberta Cowboy Member

Hi cordell would like to know how much money you have in the gun it looks like a nice setup.

4. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

Have you tried H4350? it would likely provide you with an increase in velocity.

5. Cordell

Cowboy,

with the timeny trigger I just put in i am into the setup around 900.

6. Cordell

Trebark,

I have not tried H4350 the two powders are very close in FPS but the H4831 has a higher load density and I've always had good results with it. I am on the low end of the scale at this time as I see no point to trying to work up a max load as the barrel will get faster as it wears in. And who knows I may stick with the 43 gr load once I have 100+ rounds through it, i will have to wait and see how things shake out.