Remington SPS questions

6mm

I need a 300 Ultra Mag and really can't afford a Sendero. I was wanting to get opinions on the all black SPS in 300 Ultra Mag. I can get one of those with a muzzle brake and brass for less than the Sendero. I like all black firearms anyway. Can this rifle be bedded and recrowned and shoot with the Sendero? Thanks for any input..

I need a 300 Ultra Mag and really can't afford a Sendero. I was wanting to get opinions on the all black SPS in 300 Ultra Mag. I can get one of those with a muzzle brake and brass for less than the Sendero. I like all black firearms anyway. Can this rifle be bedded and recrowned and shoot with the Sendero? Thanks for any input..

Normaly NO!!!!

But there are exceptions to everything .The problem is by the time you spend enough
money to make it shoot you could have bought a Sendero or an accumark.

If you spend your money on a rifle with a good stock and a heavy barrel you can allways
have it rebarreled with out spending a lot of money.

Normally to make a SPS shoot you have to replace the Tupperware stock and the barrel.

Most gunsmiths use the SPS for doner rifles because they get a new 700rem action with
floor metal and a good trigger for around $400.oo ( Bought separately they cost over
$600.oo ).

Just my 2 cents
J E CUSTOM

My SPS shot very well right out of the box, consistent 1/2" 3 shot groups with handloads...but it's only a .223

Pity it looks like it was made by monkeys

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.