Remington Sendero Upgrades?

finnelle

I just bought a new Remington 700 Sendero (old style) with the blued heavy barrel this week. I'm trying to get some information on some upgrades that I could possibly do. I was thinking about putting a muzzle break on it to reduce the recoil. I wondered if anyone had any ideas on some good muzzle breaks. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Muzzle brake,trigger work/relace,skim bed...all good ideas for your gun,just depends how far you want to go.A couple years ago I told myself I'd never buy another factory gun after shooting a friends custom 308.
At the risk of being flamed here,most factory guns Ive owned were never as accurate as I thought they should be.After many years of shooting them I figured it wasnt the guns,but was probably me.When I shot that 308,especially at longer ranges than Id ever shot before,I proved to myself it wasnt the shooter.
But never the less,I lied to myself and bought a new Sendero in 300 SAUM.Decided what I wanted out of the gun,(performance wise),did some research,bought a match barrel and shipped the whole works to APS to let some other guy worry about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Well,I got the Sendero back...and to say I was impressed would be an understatement.Ive never owned a gun that wasnt fussy about bullets (in this case anything in the 165-210 gr. range),that consistantly kept groups of bullet holes touching at 100 yds (whether 3,5 or 10 shot groups) with the bullets listed above and that doesnt make me constantly question myself "are my scope mounts tight?" "did my stock screws loosen up?"
Didnt mean to dump all that on you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif,its just been my experience with factory guns.But the question you asked is a loaded,wide open one that has many answers.Welcome to and glad you found LRH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Finnelle,
This year before the deer hunt, I bought a new Remington Sendero II in 300 RUM, since I did not have much time left and many things to do, I decided to send it to Kirby Allen for a skim bedding, trigger pull adjustment and a muzzle brake. Kirby installed the Shawn Carlock of Defensive Edge brake, which my 15 years old son enjoys a lot. Every thing else is stock. In training my son William the rifle has proved to be very consistent. Here is one of William's group shot at 603 yards. 0.81 MOA at that distance is just fine for me. Yeah! William claims to be a better shot than his dad... he probably is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
He shot from prone position using a Harris bipod.

4doyh3d.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.