remington model 700 08 cdl accuracy

northflorida

I am new to the forum. I have been struggling with a remington model 700 08 cdl.
1. Will not shoot a reliable group.
2. has any one noticed on the walnut stock, cracks are showing up around the trigger guard and clip area.
Help

I have one in 243 and the only problems I had were

1. the recoil pad developed some type of sticky crap and sent it back to be replaced
2. The stock started to bubble in spots and peel. I sent it back and they fixed it but it happened again but I am not worrying about. I do more damage to hit just hunting.

Shots really well with 62g Barnes VG and 80g TTSX

Before you do anything,call Remington warranty.Tell them about the issues.They might replace it for you.For it to develop cracks,there may be a stress issue in the action bedding.this would cause it to group poorly as well.I have three CDL's,the only thing I did to mine was,remove the pressure point in the barrel channel near the tip of the stock to fully float the barrel and bed the recoil lug.All three will shoot under an inch @ 100yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.