Remington american hunter rifles

There's a lot of stuff that I don't like but I have a valid reason, (to me). I wouldn't go into a bass ho if they were giving stuff away. I stay away from mcdonalds, poor quality and treats the employees badly. The list goes on but to pull something outa my butt and say it's no good and not even have held one is kinda closed minded. "I hate Creedmore," " I hate American Hunter," " I hate Remington," " I hate the trigger",,,, yada yada yada. The only semi-valid reason that I saw was that they thought the value per dollar sucked, and still that was based on the supposition that the rifle was a ***.

This is from the guy who runs Whittaker's gun shop. He also said he's retailing the for right at $1,000.

shortactionsmoker....maybe? I hadn't been interested in many new 700's for a while until I bought a few of these for the shelf. I walked by it for a couple days and decided what the heck. I like the 20" magnum contour and it's threaded (I have several cans). The B&C stock feels decent too. Overall, the rifle is of better quality than I've seen from them in the recent past. Had a rep give me a few boxes of the new Sierras and I threw on a VX5. Got home and shot it. I'm impressed! It may not be the perfect whitetail combo, but it's fun to play with!

This is from the guy who runs Whittaker's gun shop. He also said he's retailing the for right at $1,000.

shortactionsmoker....maybe? I hadn't been interested in many new 700's for a while until I bought a few of these for the shelf. I walked by it for a couple days and decided what the heck. I like the 20" magnum contour and it's threaded (I have several cans). The B&C stock feels decent too. Overall, the rifle is of better quality than I've seen from them in the recent past. Had a rep give me a few boxes of the new Sierras and I threw on a VX5. Got home and shot it. I'm impressed! It may not be the perfect whitetail combo, but it's fun to play with!

Great info thanks for the feedback!!

Might as well bring this thread back to life. I saw one of these rifles today at a local gun store. It seemed like a very handy rifle and it felt nicer than the 700 SPS I also handled. The cerakote looks nice but I can't imagine spending that much on a hunting rifle that isn't stainless steel. Putting the Leupold bases on the rifle seems kind of weird, but it's not like you can't take them off easily.

I saw a video stating that the "custom" tolerances are the result of new "improved manufacturing processes," and that this rifle is the first to benefit from them. Extraction is said to be improved, but that could just be advertising copy.

My other rifles have 24" or 22" barrels, and I could see myself appreciating the 20" barrel.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.