Remington american hunter rifles

Mainmechanic

Just reas an artical in American Hunter about the limited edition Remington American Hunter rifles. Would like to post a link but not sure how to. Arrticals from them and Remington go into a lot of detail about new manufacturing techniques and machinery. Lots of talk about making their barrels and more precise work on their actions. Search Remington American Hunter rifles. Let's see what everyone thinks.

A fellow at our shooting range made a twin to this on a 30 year old Tikka rifle...

A can of flat green paint and wrapped the barrel in burlap with old school bale string to keep it in place... Ha

Year 7 for him sheep and big game hunting with it,,, 308 with a frugal 3x9 optic...

Dang she shoots nice,,, best $350 Cnd funds spent he said...

Nice looking rifle. I noticed they included blue print tolerances in there description. Wonder how much truth is in that? Hopefully they knocked it out of the park.

I read some articles on it. I wonder if Remington is making all of the newly manufactured 700s to the same quality they described in making of the American Hunter rifle? Even if it's not custom rifle accurate or precise, it would definitely be a heck of a lot better than some of the stuff they have made in the last decade. It would be nice to see them produce consistent, accurate rifles, right up there with what Savage has been producing lately.

I read some articles on it. I wonder if Remington is making all of the newly manufactured 700s to the same quality they described in making of the American Hunter rifle? Even if it's not custom rifle accurate or precise, it would definitely be a heck of a lot better than some of the stuff they have made in the last decade. It would be nice to see them produce consistent, accurate rifles, right up there with what Savage has been producing lately.
They use to be the flagship when I was growing up and for many years to follow, but that was then. They could definitely use some face lifting!

They use to be the flagship when I was growing up and for many years to follow, but that was then. They could definitely use some face lifting!
My Dad (53 years old) is a die hard Remington fan because of their out of the box accuracy over and over in their older rifles. All of his 80s manufactured 700s will all shoot great groups. I'm a Remington fan, but I'm not afraid to admit their quality is hit or miss nowadays. Part of me thinks they just souped up the American Hunter rifle and haven't made the same improvements on every Model 700. It sure would be nice if they did though.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.