• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Remington 700 VS .308

psdan000

Up for sale is an excellent condition Remington 700 VS in .308. I bought this from the original owner, it switched hands once between me and a buddy of mine but I ended back up with it. In the 2 years I owned it I have only had it out twice to shoot. Too many .308's and time to move it on to a more appreciative owner. Rifle is in 100% factory configuration with factory walker trigger untouched (definitely needs work) and factory stock that has not been bedded or altered. It does have the J-lock. I will say I have owned a lot of Remington rifles and this one is probably the most accurate factory Remington I've shot. I've only ever shot factory federal gold medal match 168's and there was never a reason to try anything else. group pictured below was a quick 3 shot group shot at 100 yards. I thought about keeping this one to re-barrel to a 22-250 but it just shoots too well and I'm hoping someone appreciates it as it is. I believe the round count to be pretty low, under 500, but cannot say for certain. The original owner claimed only a few boxes of ammo through it. I haven't shot 100 rounds through it. Pictures should pretty well show the condition, it has a minor safe rub or two (pictured), along with some kind of blemish on the muzzle (also pictured), doesn't appear to be rust or pitting but it will not wipe off with a rag, might clear up with some steel wool. Regardless the crown is not affected and the overall metal is 95% or better. No major dings in the stock, bottom metal and screws are in excellent condition as well. I am asking $850 shipped for the rifle only. Scope, rings and bases not included in this price, but could be negotiated. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks for looking!

Pictures in the next post.

I own the exact same rifle and have it rigged up almost identically to this. Mine shoots the 168's so good too that I didn't even handload for it. It is my favorite rifle. It actually makes me want to buy this one too…

No I do not have the j-lock key, I'm sure one would be easy enough to come by but I've never searched for one. As far as I can tell, the color on the bolt handle is normal, I have another VS that is the same way. The pictures make it seem more discolored than in person. I always thought it was kinda cool looking.

I've had more than 1 R700 have a bolt discolor on me. No idea why. Looks like a great shooter. GLWS
I have but only on a newer SPS with the matte finish. I figured with the j-lock this one would have been old enough to have the older, better quality finish. Didn't impact functionality on my 270 and wouldn't rub off either so it wasn't traditional surface rust.
Looks like a fine rifle, wish I had the extra scratch.
GLWS

Last edited:
I have same rifle in stainless fluted. It is one of my most accurate rifles. My best group was 5 shot 200 yards 5/8 inch. 150 match king Winchester 760 powder 2.92 coal lapua brass federal Match primers.