Remington 700 trigger help

Alwinearcher

I got this trigger from a fellow member, and the safety was broken in transit.

Does anyone know where a guy might be able to find this part for these older 700 triggers?

Attachments

• 1F705668-AB9B-4384-A280-4552CF24D8BB.jpeg
    1F705668-AB9B-4384-A280-4552CF24D8BB.jpeg
    256.9 KB · Views: 139

Does anyone know where a guy might be able to find this part for these older 700 triggers?
I would check with any local gunsmith bet he would have one laying around

I know there are replacement safety leavers made but off the top of my head I can't remember makers or where I have seen them. Check Brownell's or Midway I am sure they can get you one.
As a side note I will pass on some of the best information and old gun smith gave me. With Remington trigger, (old ones) always maintain at least ten thousands inch of sear engagement and do not go below 2 lbs on the trigger pull or you can have serious problems.

Why would you bother with that? Factory 700 walker and xmark triggers are all over ebay for $30. Get a complete one to either use or disassemble for parts. Or better yet get a decent Timney for $130-150 and be worlds ahead.

I have 2 older model 700's that I replaced safety lever on so I could operate the bolt without pushing safety off. If you are interested I will look and see if I kept them. If so I will be glad to give you one.

I have several of those triggers you welcome to one if you send me a package to send it to you free my address is bob ross 19826 sprig court in bend oregon 97702

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.