• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Remington 700 SS 5R 308 Win with Timney and Leupold Mark 4 ER/T 4.5-14X50 First Focal Plane

Shawn1234

Asking $2000 plus shipping, have over $2700 in it.

Remington 700 SS 5R chambered in 308 Win. 24", 11.25 twist, 5R rifled stainless barrel. Timney 510 curved black trigger set at 2 lbs. This is one of the early builds of this rifle when it was not on Remington's website as a production rifle and was only available from a few places around the country as a limited edition rifle. I bought this one from SnipercountryPX in 2010. The round count on this rifle is 562 rounds.

Leupold Mark 4 Extended Range Tactical M1 4.5-15X50 First Focal Plane scope with TMR Recticle and flip up scope covers, 1/4 MOA turrets.

Leupold Mark 4 1 piece picatinny rail and Leupold Mark 4 30 mm Medium Matte rings.

This rifle is a shooter. Building this was my first foray into long range shooting and even now when I take it out and shoot I'm always impressed by how accurate it is. It will shoot 1/2 minute all day if I do my part, and Im sure a better shooter than me could do better than that with it. It shoots the heavier bullets like 178 AMAX, 180 Accubond, 175 SMK and 185 Berger well. I bedded the recoil lug area of the stock with epoxy and its a nice tight fit. I'm selling it because it's just too heavy to be hauling up the mountains where I live in Colorado. It weights 10.7 lbs as is. I thought about keeping it just for a range gun because it shoots so well but I'd rather practice with the rifle I'm gonna hunt with. There's a few minor scratches on the underside of the barrel which I will try and show in the pics, but over all it's in very good shape.

Not exactly sure of the best way to ship a scoped rifle, maybe UPS will have a box big enough...? If not maybe I should just ask $50 more and order a cheap hard case and have it shipped to me, then I could just put the gun in and ship it to buyer....? If anyone has done it before any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    345.1 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    360.4 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    392.5 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    305 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    372.4 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    437.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    429.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Buy a plastic case at Cabelas, Walmart , or whoever sells them in your area. I shipped my last rifle via UPS hub.

Nice rifle. Those early models are shooters.