• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Remington 700 Mountain Rifle / 257 Roberts

One sweet package. I hope it finds a home before I break down and buy it. I have 5 other quarter bores and planning a 25 SST build. They say the first step is admitting you have a problem.

Just had to chime in again. About 10 + years ago we had a very good collection of hunting rifles. That was when I started going from wood & blued to synthetic & stainless. I just couldn't take some of out rifles into the woods to get scratched up. When you have a fantastic piece of wood and blueing on a barrel that when you look at it, you fall into it. Now Jill and I had a matched pair of 700 s Mountain Drop Mag rifles in 7mm08 and 243. The wood was great and the barrels were matte finish. I got talked into selling the 7m08 for just $400 with Leupold rings. The rifle was immaculate and sold it to a friend for his son. We still have the 243, but put a Bell & Carlson stock on it so wouldn't have to worry about scratching. I, in one way, am sorry that I sold the 08 but happy that a young hunter got it. I see the pictures on the rifle and the caliber justifies the price. It is well worth it and them some. Anyone that gets this rifle will have a beautiful firearm for years to come.They don't make them like this. If we had some extra money I would buy this and would be a GREAT deer/antelope rifle. I am sure that this rifle has a bright future in store and will give someone many memories!