Remington 700 Magnum action

Travis1971

Hello, I'm trying to order a new stock for my gun but I'm having a little technical difficulty lol. I have a Remington 700 SPS 300 Remington ultra mag, with a hinged floor plate. My question is will a standard long action stock fit this?

The barrel appears to be a standard contour, when I measure it. 1 1/4 at the recoil lug and about .78, nine inches down from the lug?

I was looking at just a boyds, I don't like the sps stock at all, but I was having trouble determine what it will fit in??I know there are better ways to go ? but I still don't know what I need for it to fit?? Any advice?

I bought a 700 Rem SS 338 WM with BDL Floor plate medal about 1994. I restocked it with a H&S stock with Alumnium bedding plate. It tamed the recoil till it don't seem like the same rifle. At that time Remington's Custom Shop used this stock on their guns. That was why I bought it. The 338 Action measures 7 3/8 inches center to center between the receiver bolts if this will help.

Ive bought all of mine from Stocky's and when they say "drop-in" that exactly what they meant. You could take the barreled action and drop it right in...very good fit

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.