• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Remington 700 6.5x06 Shilen barrel with muzzle break and extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

jongoudy

I bought this rifle about a year ago and have shot 120 rounds. I bought it from the original owner who shot 380 rounds through, a total of 500 rounds fired. Other than shooting and trying a couple different scopes since buying, I had the bolt handle replaced with a Holland bolt handle. The following is a description from the gentleman I bought it from;

Shilen 27" Match grade barrel 1.25" no taper barrel, 1x8 twist, and threaded with removable muzzle break, after market bolt, EGW 20 moa rail, bedded in a Choate Ultimate Varmint stock, UTG bipod mounted on an Anschutz rail.

I've removed the action from the stock and there are no markings anywhere on the barrel. I emailed Shilen to see if there was a way I could verify if it was in fact a Shilen barrel and they responded often times gunsmiths will use the end of the barrel which has their company name on it to thread and chamber which would remove the amount of barrel their company name is on.

The guy gave me 20 of his reloads and I shot some 3 shot groups, each group I would get nervous and pull the 3rd shot to open the group up to .25, .33, .38 and I shot a three shot group at 300 yards which measured 1.015"
I didn't try very hard to hand load accurate rounds and still shot .50" 5 shot groups at a hundred yards. I'm positive someone who spent the time could reload to under .25 moa. First shot is exactly where the rest of the following shots are, no cold bore shift that I've experienced. From the research I did, extensive, I feel the 6.5x06 gives a longer barrel life than 6.5x284 (1,000-1,500) I've shot all my groups waiting till the barrel cools down in-between, only shot max of 25 rounds per range trip. The barrel has not been set back, I would be surprised if the groups opened up before 2,000 rounds fired. Here is a list of items included in this sale;

- Remington 700 action bedded in Choate ultimate Varmint stock
- Aftermarket bolt with Holland bolt handle installed, not shown in current picture
- 27" Shilen Barrel threaded with muzzle break
- 20 moa rail
- UTG Bipod
- Redding reloading die set, full length sizer, neck sizer, bullet seater
- 4 green 50round ammo boxes
- (99) Twice times fired Nosler brass
- (88) Four times fired RP brass
- (1) Four times fired FC brass
- (10) Four times fired Winchester brass
Total of 198 pieces of fired, neck sized, tumbled, and measured all under the max trim measurement.

The action, barrel, and bolt are being sprayed with Titanium duracoat to give it a matte stainless steel finish so pictures will be up when it's done and assembled. I should get it back this weekend. We just decided to buy a house and need money for closing fees so I wanted to get the rifle up to see if anyone is interested. I really don't have a price in mind so please text, call, or email me offers or to get more information. 775-385-7597 or [email protected]
Thank you very much for your time!!

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 3c.jpg
    3c.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 4d.jpg
    4d.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 19
Hello I was wondering if you had thought of a price yet and if you would be wiling to sell the scope with it? What kind of scope is on it and what is the power? Thanks Spencer

P.S. Where in Nevada are you I noticed the 775 area code? :)

I'm not sure what a fair asking price is. There is more than $1,500 invested into this rifle. The scope is an Osprey 10-40x50 which I sold to a friend. I might be able to get back and sell with the rifle for $180 if one were interested. I live in Elko Nevada, between Salt Lake and reno. According to the ATF I can ship to any individual legal to own a firearm in the state of Nevada, or ship to any FFL anywhere you are legal to own this rifle.

I'm going to meet Spencer in person, if he doesn't want to buy then my asking price is $1,400 shipped to your FFL. I could be interested in a newer iMAC, 1911, or AR 15 parts.

i will put new pictures after I meet Spencer if the rifle is not sold. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.