Remage Barrels

79m1a-texas

Have a Remington 700 Sendero in aftermarket Bartlein 300WM bull 26" barrel. It is quite heavy. Thinking about something different. Maybe a remage barrel in 7 PRC. Anybody have great luck with this switch? Or just get a new barrel and have it chambered up?

I am not a gunsmith and have no formal training. That being said, I have a couple rifles that I did myself and I haven't had one blow up in my face yet. Worst part is getting the old barrel off. Once you get the barrel off its easy from there on. I have taken the barrels off and put them back on and head spaced them several times. If you are planning to pay someone to do it then I see no advantage.

I don't have the calibers you mentioned, but I do use 2 remage barrels, 20 VT & .223 on a Remington 700 action.

Very easy to change barrels. I use headspace gauges for each one. I also use a torque wrench and barrel vice.

If I can do a Remage, pretty much anyone can. Just read up or watch 100 different YT's on it. Heck, Preferred Barrel had instruction vid on their site.

I'd be a little Cautious on, the 7 PRC, right Now, Til' all, the Brass "Bugs" are worked out at, Hornady or,.. OTHERS make, some Brass !
The 7 SAUM would be, My Choice on, a LONG Action, in a 7MM, Today ( ADG or, old, Rem Brass ) it's only, a Tiny bit, slower, But still Plenty for, Elk / Moose,.. Just, be sure to, get the Right "Throat" Dimension for, Bullets, chosen.
Love my, RemAge, Criterion, 24" Heavy Sporter, 6 XC Barrel and WOULD Buy another, in a New York, Minute

Last edited:
Peterson plans to bring out the 7PRC this year according to their latest journal.
92CEEED4-5FAD-4345-B005-EEF001F4712B.jpeg

YUP,.. ^^^ Petersen IS, "Good" Brass and I LIKE IT,. in my 6.5 Creed,..
but use, about, a 1/2 to, One grain, LESS Powder, due to it being, a Tiny Bit "Thicker" Brass.
They HAD "Problems" with, the FIRST Batch of, 6.5 creed Brass, so be careful on, New, 7 PRC Brass, til' it's been, thoroughly,.. "Wrung Out" !