Rem. 700 SPS V Scope suggestions?

Rmitch223

I purchased a Remington 700 SPS Varmint a couple days ago in .243. I have been looking for the right scope for 3 days now and havent been able to make my mind up on anything. I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction for getting a quality scope for this rifle for around 300.00. I would like something around 4x16x50. The brands I have been looking at is Nikko Sterling, Millet and Mueller but Im just conserned with the quality of these scopes beacause of there low price.

Has anyone had experiece with scopes from these companies?

What would you suggest for a scope in the 300 dollar range for this rifle?

Thanks alot,
Ryan

Been looking at the Nikko Stirling Nighteater 4x16x44, but having not seen one in person im not to sure about it. Anybody have experience with this scope?

Rmitch223,
Check out the Nikon BuckMaster 6-18X40 with Mil-Dot reticle and side focus. Midway has them on sale as we speak for about $300.00. Great scope for the money. I have one on a .300WinMag and it is holding up great. Glass is clear and internals are precise and right on. I have shot it accurately out to 650yds with no problems at all. I have confidence it would take me further but I run out of land! JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.