?? Rem 700 LV SF

benlow

Does anyone here have a Remington LV SF. I am wondering how accurate they are and if you like it. I have a VSSF in the .223 and am thinking about buying one of these. I am thinking about trying a lighter weight rifle. Also how do you like the blind box magazine? I walk a long ways when I hunt sometimes. I would be getting this new gun in a 22-250.

I have one in a 204 Ruger. Best three shot groups I've got were 0.38" @ 100yds with factory Hornady 32 gr V-max. Consistantly shoots sub MOA groups. My brother in law has one in the 204 also...his shoots the same.

I have one in 17 Remington. A max load of varget and 25 grain berger match consistently give me 1/2 moa or better.

If you want to float the barrel though, you will need to stiffen the stock. I just left mine cause it shot so good.

Thanks guys how do you like the blind box magazine compared to the hinged floor plate? That gun is almost two pounds lighter than what I am carrying now.

I have it in .308 and can put one on one at 100yds with home loads, have to settle for clover leaf with commercial ammo.
I have changed the stock from a Bdl with the drop down magazine because it's a pain in the proverbial to unload otherwise, also i didn't like the feel of the knobbly plastic stock!!
I'm not PC literate enough to put up a picture but if anybody wants to E Mail me I can send it as an attachment and maybe they could put it up.
E.T.McC

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.