rem 700 dbm

albertaboy

Hi:
I have a rem 700 dbm in 7stw. looking for replacement triggerguard & mag. like to use dropin replacement. not satisfied with origional mag. reliability sucks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks...

I replaced a .30-06 drop bottom mag and floormetal with a BDL setup. It won't hold ammo in the mag well now. Emailed Rem. They told me that the receivers made for dbm"s have a wider spacing between the rails, and that they do not make a BDL conversion. I haven't tried it yet, but I ordered an ADL mag box because they are taller top to bottom and may have enough height to rework to a center-feed. Looks like it might be tricky, but possible.

The reason for the change-over is that I replaced the tupperware stock with a nice walnut CDL stock and didn't want to cut the mag release notches in it. In your case, changing to a BDL setup may let you increase the c.o.a.l. a little. With a STW, that would be good.

Someone told me that Midway sells some single stack, (or center feed) mag boxes for Rem 700's. I just haven't checked it out.

The way the rifle is now it shoots moa in the CDL stock with 150gr Rem factory ammo. It just won't hold them in the magazine. If I can make the ADL box work as a reliable center-feed, I will go ahead and pillar-block and bed the rifle in the CDL stock.

Don't know if this is the direction you want to go, but maybe something in here will help.

Good luck, Tom

I just checked Midway. They do sell a Wyatts center-feed box for 700 long actions. $63. Out of stock, but ok to backorder. It comes with a follower, and doesn't say if it will work for magnum and/or std cartridges (like the '06). Pretty expensive, but if the ADL box won't work, I'll call Wyatt before ordering one.

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.