Reloading Room Ideas: Share pix if can, Plz

Nodak7mm

Hi Guys,

Havent posted regulary for some time, sorry.. But I could use some help as its LRH time baby!!!. After many yrs of wishing, this house I got it. I have my own "Mens Crisis Center, 12 x 16. One wall is dedicated to my 2 safes and a "gear closet, other walls is a computer desk & bookshelves. And I built one wall to be dedicated to a bench. I have 2 - 30" base cabinets and a 8' formica surfaced bench to put on top, with a 3 light halogen tracklight over head to do my loading and tinkering.

Looking for ideas for shelving above bench. Thinking about going with open oak shelving about deep enough for a die box to sit flush with for components and tooling..

Just looking for ideas. Please share a pix if ya can.. (I did a search under this subject and came up dry)..

Thanks

Rod

I do my reloading inside my garage and I build cabinet and shelving on one side for storing all my relaoding and hunting gears. The other side were my safes and extra freezer for games. Here's the picture of my bench.
IMGP0158.jpg

IMGP0159.jpg

Desert is this a hobby or are you in business? I liked what I saw, but my wife has these terrible ideas about how much house and money I can use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CB, it's a hobby just like majority of us rifle nut here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif When I started reloading, I had a small bench and a few shelves on one corner of my garage at my previous house. So, when we moved to our new house, I decided to build me a reloading center where I can accessed everything I need in one spot. With the wife thing, You just have to get her involved. If she is not interested, get her gifts everytime you are planning to add something to your collection or buying gadget for your reloading bench. If she have something that she wanted, get it for her and don't dare to question them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif. I learned it long time ago. One day while looking at some of the display at one of her favorite appliance store, she made a comment that she need another food processor. I told her that she already have one at home and it's fairly new. She looked at me and fired back asking,"Why you need more than one rifle to hunt?" You're right honey, I told her. By the way that stainless steel finish would look good in the kitchen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. You have to work with your mate Bro.

Desert Fox,

Amen on the wifey thing!! It works for me too!!!

Question on the above bench cabinets, do you find they tend to get in the way? I guess thats kinda my concern.. I got about the same amout of stuff to put up and out, but want room to also tear apart guns and other things. I appreciate your pix and comments.. As I got about the same amount of stuff to put out and it puts it in perspective..

I have been waiting 3 houses to get this space of my own and with the wifeys blessing, (because of the tatics mentioned above) she has almost pushed me to set this room up for myself and made me spend more $$ than a man would normally (examples: oak base cabinets, 6 panel doors, etc..) Shes taking pride and an active role in my reloading/gun room... Gawd forbid she actually takes note of how may guns in the safes..... But she understands/tolerates my hobbies as best as wifey can, because I understand the "shoe" thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif...

Hey Nodak,

WHen I did mine, I went to the local Home Depot or Lowes, can't remember now, and picked up a countertop that had one end broken. Got it for about half price or less. After putting it in, went back a week or so later and picked up several of the prefab cabinets which also had minor damage to them, for a substantial savings. After setting it all up the cabinets hold the die boxes just fine and the counter top with a 2x6 under the front and 2x4 framed out legs has never moved reguardless of how much I yank or pull on the handles of my presses.

If I ever came in and mine was organized like Desert Fox's, I would think I had been robbed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Mine is more of an organized mess than anything else. But I know where everything is./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AS for the wife thing, yep just gotta compromise. I got a new toy from Kirby, she got new carpet, and living room furniture. Worked out great as now we have reclining sofa's, a new reclining chair, and I got the scraps of carpet to cut up for shooting prone or putting on top of my little shootin table./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Yep I really hated to have to loose out to her on that one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nodak7MM, the cabinet above the bench is only 12 inches deep and my bench is 26 inches wide, plenty of room even if the cabinet door is open. Make your bullets shelves stronger though, those bullet were heavy. As you can see, the shelving start to sag. I also added 1/4" aluminum plate on top of the bench where I bolted my presses to reinforced the glue lam top. Hope this will help you and goodluck with your project.

[ QUOTE ]
By the way that stainless steel finish would look good in the kitchen

[/ QUOTE ]

X2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.