• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Reloading Questions

Nikolakangrga

Iam looking into learning how to reload. I need to purchase some equipment. Money is somewhat of an issue, although I would much prefer purchasing equipment that will last me for MANY years and is very easy and accurate to work with, then going cheap and having problems or regrets.
I will be reloading, .243 Win , and .300 WM. Once I've learned a bit about reloading I will add a few more calibers to this list.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Nick-

There are tons of threads that discuss at length this issue. Find them using the search function.

In my opinion, a strong single stage press is all that's needed for your listed cartridges. I reloaded with an RCBS Rockchucker press for 30yrs and had no problem reloading 100's of thousands of rounds from 38spcl to 300 Win Mag.

A RockChucker kit, a set of dies, a Lee hand primer and shell holder kit, a set of calipers and a couple reloading books is all that you need.

Good luck, read some of the excellent threads and post any questions you have.

AJ

Nikolak""""""
welcome to the board...
if your going to get into it, the best advise anyone could give you as a beginner is to buy yourself a Lyman 49th edition loading manual .. an really read it, you'll need one anyway.. you can still ask question but on a higher level, you'll know better what equipment you need ... join a shooting club an hook up with loaders
Happy Shooting..

:)

post_new.gif
07-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Nikolakangrga