I have been checking the shoulder expansion on some 300 winnie case that I have fired 4 to 5 times . I am using the Redding instant indicator to do this . About 95 % of the case measure 5 thou longer than the minimum datum line length . The other 5% are 6 to 7 thou longer . I am thinking this 5% represents cases that were subjected to excessive pressure because they were at the high end of ladder tests at charge weights pushing past safe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif What should I consider as being more true to my chamber size in order to set the shoulder back 1 to 2 thou with a body die ? Thanks for y'alls help , Jim B.