• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Redding Dies 338 Edge/338 RUM

quigley257

Redding #80924 FL two die set. These appear to be new and unused. Midway has them listed for $249.99. Selling for $150 shipped USPS small flat rate box. PayPal F&F or PMO accepted. Thanks for looking!

20240115_192259.jpg

20240115_192233.jpg

Last edited:
I'm working with Redding to get clarification on these dies. Initial communication tells me that they are for 338/300 Ultra AKA 338 Edge based on the label/part number. I may end up sending them to Redding for measurement and possibly a new box/label. Does anyone have a piece of 338 Edge brass that they would be willing to send me to test?

This is the response I got back this morning...

Hi Glen,

I did some homework on this cartridge - the type style on the box label indicates that this die set is older. What I found is that the first batch of 338/300 Ultra (338 Edge) dies were marked "338 Ultra". This is because the 338 RUM had not been released yet (nobody knew at the time that there would be a SAAMI 338 RUM). I believe that this is likely what is happening here but it's hard to say 100%.

In any case - would it be possible for you to send the set to me to verify? I am very sorry for the inconvenience. I just want to make sure that it's going to work and be safe for you.

Thanks and have a great day.

Best Regards,

Aubrey (A.J.) Ferris
V.P. of Manufacturing Operations

Redding Reloading Equipment
1089 Starr Road
Cortland, NY 13045