Red Sheep photo from Uvalde, Texas

Roland Baker

I took this Red Sheep photo several years ago while hunting Axis deer on a very large ranch in Texas. Good Times for sure.
IMG_4126.jpg

I took this Red Sheep photo several years ago while hunting Axis deer on a very large ranch in Texas. Good Times for sure.
Those are beautiful sheep, and they are thriving in the hill country along with numerous other exotics! I saw a herd of at least 30 on an deer hunt a few years ago, landowner said just shoot one if you want.

He also said kill every aoudad you see. Apparently they compete with whitetails for feed, especially protein, so I went 3/3 with my last 3 150 gr TBBC bullets out of the STW on those aoudad. Not a real sheep hunt, shot them all out of a Kawasaki Mule while they were snacking...real "Texas style" hunting. ;)

Those are beautiful sheep, and they are thriving in the hill country along with numerous other exotics! I saw a herd of at least 30 on an deer hunt a few years ago, landowner said just shoot one if you want.

He also said kill every aoudad you see. Apparently they compete with whitetails for feed, especially protein, so I went 3/3 with my last 3 150 gr TBBC bullets out of the STW on those aoudad. Not a real sheep hunt, shot them all out of a Kawasaki Mule while they were snacking...real "Texas style" hunting. ;)
Where is this ranch. I have property in sonora tx, would love to get on a trophey Audad?

I have been hunting on a friends huge ranch in Uvalde for years but I've never seen one of those
Reds. I'd love to get one of those!
The Aoudad there are mostly up in the rocky tops where we rarely see a whitetail... and when we do, it's usually a good buck.

I have been hunting on a friends huge ranch in Uvalde for years but I've never seen one of those
Reds. I'd love to get one of those!
The Aoudad there are mostly up in the rocky tops where we rarely see a whitetail... and when we do, it's usually a good buck.
I took this Red Sheep photo several years ago while hunting Axis deer on a very large ranch in Texas. Good Times for sure. View attachment 512731
Beautiful! I'm taking an Aoudad every year and trying to grow my heard in the Texas hill country. It's my favorite game meat available in Texas.