Record 2014 goat

MachV

Nope not the biggest, I missed him mid morning. Nore was it the longest shot,but close. With five weeks vacation and season open till the end of October, I took a whole eight hours to fill the tag -;)
Now I guess there will be more time for practice and deer hunting.

Have not figured out how to post pics with my phone yet, but it aint hard with a laptop.
Missed a monster in the morning @ 400 yards???? Watched him walk onto privet a mile away. The first shot on this guy was @ 375 yards standing broadside=I missed again!! I racked another round and went into kill mode, last I remember seeing 2 mill dots off the front of his running nose. He did a nose dive and the crappie flop. The new Tikka T3 ultra lite still needs some tuning before deer season but the 168 grain Amax out of the 30-06 did its job.......I just gotts drive it better!
The old record was 5 hours.....So many goats and no willpower.

IMG_20140920_174518-1.jpg

IMG_20140920_174559-1.jpg

Just remembered why I shot this pronghorn= He only has one and very wide, will not help the score one bit but he will make a great conversation piece on the wall.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.