Recommendation for auto powder measure

It's sights not sites.
oldno7 - Why are you directing all of your sarcasm at me, I wasn't talking to you. OP asked for recommendations. That's what I gave him, my recommendation with a little of my opinion. If you don't like it, tough, get over it.
End goal? If it's even any of your business or concern, is having an accurate system for measuring the weight of objects and to build rifle loads as accurately as I can.
Yeah, I do load development and shoot groups at 100yds, a 1000yds and beyond too. Kinda like you, I just don't keep a book of groups anymore. People just look at the one ragged hole and say "but you missed the target". I grew tired of that a long time ago. In the end they don't matter to anybody but you. Hey, if you put all that info on an electronic journal it will last a lot longer and the ink won't fade. You could actually arrange them in date/time order and see your progression over the next two weeks.
You could put them on a thumb drive and send them on the next time capsule we send in to space. Maybe somebody out there will give a crap.
Happy New Year.

Savagehunter
It would seem, the correct answer is use as good of equipment as you can afford.
At some point, the equipment will outrun the shooters ability.
I believe most all of us strive for the best re loads as possible.
Beam scales are great tools, as are electronic/digital.
Re loading is a continual learning and re learning curve.
no one starts at the top, there are many mistakes one will make.
We hope with time, those mistakes become fewer and non threatening.
Most of all, it's about challenging yourself and your equipment.
It's o.k. to start out with inexpensive tools and slowly upgrade as your abilities increase.

I'm really liking my chargemaster. It's a little slow but very consistent. I just seat bullets while it refills.

This will get things sped up for you WildRose....did this to mine and cut the throw time in half, and overthrows are almost eliminated using the straw...still get the odd one, but way fewer than without it!

Chris

8 five shot groups at 100yds stick powder thrown from Redding powder throw.

Group sizes
1.16"
.75"
.61"
.61"
.92"
.32"
.93"
.60"

I quit weighing powder a long time ago.

Oh by the way target was shot with an AR-15

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 55

This will get things sped up for you WildRose....did this to mine and cut the throw time in half, and overthrows are almost eliminated using the straw...still get the odd one, but way fewer than without it!

Chris

Yep. I did all that years ago, and it helped tremendously. Definitely sped up the dispensing times, and the straw trick helped a lot with better throws and less errors.

I'v been using the Lyman Gen6 for a year now and throws fast and accurate. It'l through .1 under in regular warm up with calibration and ded nutz on if calibrated after warm-up. Ball can get a little messy. I use H4350, H4831/H4831sc, Retumbo, A2520, SW4350, Varget, R17, R26, IMR8028XBR. I still check spot check 5/10 loads.

Chargaster Lite
Gempro 250
And a Beam Scale (just to confirm calibrations)

You wont need anything else.
Except maybe another charge master

I have both Charmasters btw
Both quick and accurate.
Just the programable charges on 1 is the reason for the higher price.
Mainly use the lite tho.

Chargaster Lite
Gempro 250
And a Beam Scale (just to confirm calibrations)

You wont need anything else.
Except maybe another charge master

I have both Charmasters btw
Both quick and accurate.
Just the programable charges on 1 is the reason for the higher price.
Mainly use the lite tho.

What do you mean by programable charge? Can you store loads in there to throw them at a later time?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.