Recoil

This thread is a month old but I will post anyway.
Turpentine21 I too love 44 mags and had a redhawk as well,very accurate gun but had it stolen at a gun range.I didn't lock the doors on my truck and while shooting a rifle I loaded up and noticed the redhawk missing.No one saw a thing!
Expensive lesson and would love to get another as accurate as the one that got stolen.Not sure they even still make them.
Got hearing aids last year and the Miracle Ear doc says to try shooting with hearing aids in your ear as they will compress the sound.I asked if compress means it will reduce the noise and he said yes.So I have that to do as soon as the weather gets a bit better.
Those **** bottom feeders, hate all of them, I had a gun safe that got broken into also, stole my hand down old auto Belgium Browning .22, from my father, Benelli 12 gauge, Mauser custom .33/40 in 270 win, nail driver. Dam thief's

Yep, when it gets down to that level then money or cost is somewhat irrelevant to being able to hear…especially the grandkids.
I have my first two grandsons and a third on the way. I imagine in ten years I may need them myself so I can hear them. I am looking forward to creating a few more snipers!
Right now though not being able to hear certain family members at all, and being able to shoot a muzzle brake on a 300 RUM with no hearing protection sounds pretty good right now. 🤣

I hate to tell you this but the pair I got were $100 and are totally in the ear. They amplify all sounds but are adjustable so that works for me now. I had trouble hearing higher pitched sounds and now I can, adjustmaent is ongoing to get it so I hear but not get blasted. I have noticed that my left ear hearing is worse than my right so adjustment was different. They are interchangeable so now I have to mark the left one.

Mike
My buddy's aging father HAD a set of the in the ear hearing aids, but ended up thinking they were nuts of some kind and ate them. Funny, but sad for the old man.

My buddy's aging father HAD a set of the in the ear hearing aids, but ended up thinking they were nuts of some kind and ate them. Funny, but sad for the old man.
My dad was killed by his tractor when I was 24. My mother died at 89 not knowing who, what, where, or when anything was. After going through both I'm hoping for the "dying with my boots on" scenario.

Turpentine21 I too love 44 mags and had a redhawk as well,very accurate gun but had it stolen at a gun range.I didn't lock the doors on my truck and while shooting a rifle I loaded up and noticed the redhawk missing.No one saw a thing!
Expensive lesson and would love to get another as accurate as the one that got stolen.Not sure they even still make them.
Got hearing aids last year and the Miracle Ear doc says to try shooting with hearing aids in your ear as they will compress the sound.I asked if compress means it will reduce the noise and he said yes.So I have that to do as soon as the weather gets a bit better.
Mine was incredibly accurate as well. I killed several deer with it. Then like an idiot I sold it. That's one of the reasons I won't sell a gun today.

My dad was killed by his tractor when I was 24. My mother died at 89 not knowing who, what, where, or when anything was. After going through both I'm hoping for the "dying with my boots on" scenario.
Having had several relatives die from dementia/Alzheimer's related illness I'd have to agree with you 100 percent.

I had to get hearing aid last year and I can assure you that they will not reduce the noise level. Remember that they are to help you hear better which means you will hear the muzzle blast even better than before! I shoot a 7x300 win mag with a muzzle brake and the blast will rock your world without ear protection. I have custom ear plugs and I use electronic ear muff by Walker. Hope this helps.