rebarrel 7 rum to a 300 wsm ?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by warbirdkost, Nov 11, 2012.

1. warbirdkost

warbirdkost Well-Known Member

i have a 700 bdl 7 rum would like to rebarrel it to a 300wsm, will this action work? if so what length of barrel and size would you suggest for long range hunting out to 800 yards. thanksgun)

2. warbirdkost

would also like to know where to buy stiller predator action for 300wsm. might be better off selling the 7 rum and buying action. i bought gun new it hasnt ben shot 40 times

3. winmag

winmag Well-Known Member

Should work fine, & be a lot less work than mine.
    I had my long action 300WSM built on an old Model-70, 30-06 action. Had to open up the bolt face, massage the rails, adjust the bolt stop, get new bottom metal etc to accommodate the RUM/WSM case taper, & hone the feed ramp.
    Yours shouldn't take half that work since you've already got the RUM bolt face & bottom metal.
    Oh, I had er throated for 200gr Accubonds too.
    I went with a fluted #4 taper 26" Hart 10 twist.
    I've shot a few groups less than .25 moa C-to-C with 180 Accubonds & RL-17. Also added a Muscle Brake.

4. warbirdkost

winmag is that #4 about the size of a sendaro?

5. winmag

winmag Well-Known Member

A bit smaller than that. I hunt near vertical terrain, (see pic in my signature) & didn't want too much weight, but wanted bigger than a sporter bbl. for long range. Had mine fluted for weight not vanity:D. It's really not a whole lot more wt than a sporter, but looks bigger