• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Ready to start....errr no primers

Bucks n Ducks

Well I guess I was a little late. I purchased a RCBS rock chucker kit and was trying to read and learn as much as possible before I started throwing a powder charge.

Now that I'm ready to give it a try, I can't seem to find large rifle primers or the powders recommended anywhere.
I've seen some primers on auctions like gunbroker going for near a $100 a 1000s.

Can anyone offer some advice to a new reloader with no powder or primers.
I would be interested in trading factory ammo for primers

I've got some Winchester .308 168 grain Silvertip and Wolf 7.62X39 I would part with. I also have lots of once fired .308 Federal Premium LE cases (I believe they are nickel plated).
Any advice is appreciated as I'm as new to reloading as it gets.

Thanks BnD

Best bet is hit a few of the smaller local gun shows. Just last weekend here in Ohio one of the venders still had plenty of Win LR primers for $30.00/K. Might take a bit of searching but they are out there at pre-gouge prices. They did limit everyone to maximum of 2K per person which helped a lot and kept the hoarders from cleaning them out.

Good luck

Topstrap

I live in Northern Ca. about 75 miles north of Sacramento... please don't hold it agaisnt me not everyone in the state is a nutty liberal gun grabber just too many of the ones in office