Re-size question

I'm trying to figure out how to get the correct shoulder bump for my 270wsm. It is a Rem 700 built by LRI. I have removed the firing pin from the bolt to alleviate the spring tension while checking the shoulder. The problem that I'm getting (I think) is the weight of the ejector spring compressing the case. It throws me off when I'm trying to feel the closing of the bolt. Is this a common problem? If so is there any remedy other than removing the ejector spring? Or is there something else I need to do?
Thanks
Try set of No.6 Redding Competition shellholders. Follow the simple instructions...they work unbelievable
I'm trying to figure out how to get the correct shoulder bump for my 270wsm. It is a Rem 700 built by LRI. I have removed the firing pin from the bolt to alleviate the spring tension while checking the shoulder. The problem that I'm getting (I think) is the weight of the ejector spring compressing the case. It throws me off when I'm trying to feel the closing of the bolt. Is this a common problem? If so is there any remedy other than removing the ejector spring? Or is there something else I need to do?
Thanks
Try a set of No 6 Redding Competition shellholders....they work great! Follow the real simple instructions!

Do your own testing, as i did, then you will know. :)

Has to be a Savage Axis type extractor that allowes the case to move forward.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.