Re-setting Nightforce Zero Stop

NWmissouriman

Can anyone tell me how to re-set my zero stop? I went out to check my gun the other day and it was shooting higher than it should be. I need to move it down a couple of clicks, but my zero stop is set so I'm not able to.

My thoughts were, remove the cap, loosen the four clutch screws, turn the top clutch up away from the bottom clutch, reinstall the turret cap, turn it down the desired number of clicks, remove the turret cap, reset the zero stop. Is this correct?

Start with the elevation cap turned down to the zero stop. Remove cap. Loosen 4 clutch screws. Use appropriate size allen wrench and turn center screw down to correct adjustment. Tighten 4 clutch screws. Reinstall cap with zero aligned with index mark on scope. Tighten 2 allen screws in cap. All finished .

I set my zero stop so that I can dial a couple of MOA below the 0 marker. Also means that a minor adjustment to the zero means I don't need to reset the zero stop. Going back to zero simply means I dial all the way down and then back to zero. It is still fully repeatable.

-David

I set my zero stop so that I can dial a couple of MOA below the 0 marker. Also means that a minor adjustment to the zero means I don't need to reset the zero stop. Going back to zero simply means I dial all the way down and then back to zero. It is still fully repeatable.

-David

That's a really good idea. I actually had both of mine set up like that, but for some reason I was still too high and didn't have enough to get down to zero. I know the last time I zeroed my 7mm it was probably 40 degrees colder than it was the other day so that was probably why I was 2 moa high @ 100. I only had 1 moa below zero before I was to my zero stop. Seems like an easy enough fix though now that I know how.

-David

+ 1

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.